Pumpkin Spice Season is Here!
It’s fall and time for pumpkins. Here are some impressive health benefits to eating pumpkin or squash. Did you know?
- Pumpkin is high in vitamins, minerals and low in calories. It is source of beta-carotene.
- Pumpkin’s antioxidant compounds are linked to lower risks of stomach, throat, pancreas and breast cancers.
- Pumpkin is high in vitamins A and C, which can help boost the immune system and its supply of vitamin E, iron and folate may help with immunity as well.
- Pumpkin is a good source of potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants which have been linked to heart health benefits.
- Pumpkin can be easily roasted, pureed for soup or baked into pies. Its seeds are great when roasted and are also highly nutritious.
So go pick up a pumpkin!