SPRINGHOUSE SENIOR LIVING – NOVEMBER 2019 NEWSLETTER
The month of November is known as Alzheimer’s Awareness Month. President Ronald Reagan made that designation in 1983 and it is something that is still recognized today. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, at that time there were less than two million people with the disease. Through the years that number has grown to more than five million. Here is the link to our Facebook Page!
November Tasty Foods
Welcome back November and your comforting recipes. Toss on a sweater, take a walk and then enjoy a savory roast, simmering soup or hearty stew.
These 7 foods are at their tasty peak in November and go great with hearty late fall recipes.
1. Parsnips – Great for roasting or adding to soups & stews
2. Brussel Sprouts – Toss with some olive oil, parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar and roast to crispy perfection
3. Cabbage – Look for a dense head at the farmers market and add to soups or stews or saute with some bacon for a decadent treat.
4. Leeks – A great substitute for onions in any dish
5. Carrots – Great roasted, steamed or sauteed with butter and fresh Thyme
6. Kale – A great addition to soups and stews as well as raw or sauteed with a little garlic
7. Onions – Onions are in peak season with a sweeter quality from the cold.
Massage Therapy Available
Just a reminder that Springhouse Senior Living offers Massage Therapy for our residents. Reservations can be made by calling the concierge at 617-522-0043. Gift Certificates are also available at the Woodside Front Desk.